Back to my RECIPES
Bonfire and Butterscotch Pancakes
Remember, remember the 5th of November! Make sure your Bonfire Night goes off with a delicious bang. For convenience, you can pre-make the butterscotch and chill it.
- 100g butter
- 350g soft brown sugar
- 568ml double cream
- 6 apples, peeled, cored and cut into 12 wedges
- 6 pears, peeled, cored and cut into 12 wedges
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 packs Sweet Dutch Pancakes
- 12 carefully sharpened sticks
- Melt the butter in a pan and tip in 200g of
the sugar. Stir until dissolved and leave to simmer for 30 seconds. Pour in the cream, bring to the boil and whisk until smooth. Allow to cool down until just warm before serving. If chilling until later, make sure you heat until warm before using.
- Toss the fruit with the lemon juice, leftover sugar and spices. Thread them on to the sticks. Get everyone to toast the fruit in the fire for 5 minutes until golden.
- Make sure everyone has a yummy cold Sweet Dutch Pancake to put their cooked fruit on and pass round the lovely butterscotch sauce. What a fine way to enjoy a Bonfire Night!