Back to my RECIPES
Breakfast in bed benedict
Here is one of my most ro-pan-tic recipes. Breakfast in bed for the one you love!
- 2 Original Dutch Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 slices of excellent quality ham (you could use salmon)
- Chopped chives
- 1 jar hollandaise sauce
- Warm the hollandaise sauce in a pan and heat the pancakes in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- To poach the eggs, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the vinegar (this will help the eggs to bind neatly). Crack the eggs into 2 mugs and turn the water down until it is very lightly simmering. Take the mugs by the handle and gently lower them into the water, hold for a few seconds, then pour the eggs out completely. Very gently simmer them for around three minutes, and use a large slotted spoon to remove them from the water.
- Place two slices of rolled-up ham on each pancake and top with a poached egg. Spoon some hollandaise over each and sprinkle with the chives. Serve to the one you love best. I’ve come over all romantic, dears.