Back to my RECIPES
Chocolate and salted caramel stacked pudding
To make the chocolate ganache, bring 300ml of cream to boil in a large pan with the syrup and sugar. As soon as it boils, remove from heat and stir… read more >
- 1 pack Abra-ca-Debora Sweet Dutch Pancakes
- 300ml double cream
- 1 pack toasted, flaked almonds
- For the chocolate ganache
- 400ml double cream
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 600g dark chocolate, very finely chopped
- 60g unsalted butter, cubed
- For the salted caramel
- 175g golden castor sugar
- 120ml double cream
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 120g unsalted butter, cubed
- To make the chocolate ganache, bring 300ml of cream to boil in a large pan with the syrup and sugar. As soon as it boils, remove from heat and stir in chocolate and vanilla. Stir well to quickly melt, then stir in the butter. Refrigerate until spreadable.
- Beat double cream until it forms stiff peaks, refrigerate.
- To make salted caramel, add sugar to a heavy-based saucepan, add two tbsp water. Gently heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Turn heat up to medium-high and allow syrup to come to boil, without stirring. Bubble and simmer whilst occasionally swirling pan, until caramel turns golden amber. Remove from heat and gently stir in cream and salt, followed by butter. Cool completely.
- Layer pancakes with a spread of caramel and chocolate ganache between each one, leave the top one bare.
- Coat outside of cake, including surface with whipped cream. Press flaked almonds all round side, and sprinkle top with choc drops.