Back to my RECIPES
Magical Mediterranean Tuna Balls
Use my original pancakes
A lovely recipe to make with your children, this is healthy spin
on Italian meatballs – it’ll have you hooked!
- 2x 160g cans of tuna in sunflower or olive oil, drained with some oil reserved
- Small handful of pine nuts
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Small handful parsley leaves, torn up
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 250g pasta sauce
- 4 Original Dutch Pancakes
- Break up the tuna in a bowl, tip in the pine nuts, lemon zest, parsley, breadcrumbs, and egg.
Season and smoosh it around with your hands until combined, what fun!
- Use your hands to roll the mix into 12
walnut-sized balls. Heat a little of the tuna oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then fry the tuna balls for five minutes, taking care to cook evenly,
until golden. Drain onto kitchen paper.
- Heat the pasta sauce, then toss together with the tuna balls. Heat the pancakes in the oven, placing a layer of foil between each one, for about
10 minutes. Spoon the mixture on top and roll.
Mama Mia, that’s good!