Back to my RECIPES
Super-fast sausage bolognese pancake
Use my original pancakes
The perfect way to use up some things in your store-cupboard
and feed your little rascals something hearty and hasty.
- 6 good quality sausages, de-skinned
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 250g mushrooms, diced
- 150ml red wine
- 660g pasta sauce (for speed, use a can!)
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- Grated parmesan or your favourite cheese
- 4 Original Dutch Pancakes
- Heat a large frying pan, no need for oil. Crumble in the sausage meat and fennel seeds. Fry until golden and the fat is released, stirring to break up the meat.
- Throw in the mushrooms and fry until just soft, pour in the wine and give it a good stir.
- Let is bubble and simmer for 1-2 minutes to cook off the alcohol, then add the pasta sauce and heat until bubbling nicely.
- Heat the pancakes in the microwave for 1 minute. Spoon mixture on each one, top with grated cheese and roll. Yum yum, clean plates all round.