Back to my RECIPES
Witch’s Brew Pancakes
Fire burn and cauldron bubble, it’s Halloween soon, dear. Before you send the youngsters out trick or treating, give them something filling.
- 8 rashers smoked bacon, snipped in pieces
- 2 leeks, thickly sliced on the slant
- 350g fresh pumpkin flesh, cut into small chunks
- 50g butter
- 700ml good quality chicken stock
- 250g long grain rice
- 4 Original Dutch Pancakes
- Melt the butter in a large sautéing pan. Fry the bacon for a minute before tossing in the leeks
and pumpkin. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes, until pumpkin starts to soften. Stir occasionally.
- Tip in rice with some salt and pepper and stir well. Pour in stock. Bring to boil, cover and turn heat down to lowest setting. Simmer for 12 mintes,
or until rice is soft.
- In the meantime, heat the pancakes in
the microwave. When rice is soft, turn down heat and give everything a final stir. Spoon mix on to pancakes and wrap up. That’s a spooky supper!