- 14 digestive biscuits
- 8 tbsp melted butter
- 400g cream cheese
- Zest of 3 oranges, segments saved for later
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 250g mascarpone cheese
- 50g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 150ml pot double cream
- 1 pack Abra-ca-Debora Sweet Dutch Pancakes
- Put the biscuits in a large freezer bag and bash into crumbs with a rolling pin – how therapeutic, dear.
- Place the crumbs in a large bowl and mix with the melted butter.
- Press the biscuit mixture evenly into the bottom of a 23cm tin, so it’s tightly packed. Put the tin into the fridge to set, this should take half an hour.
- Put the cream cheese into a large bowl with the orange zest, mascarpone, sugar and milk and mix well with a spoon.
- Whisk the cream until it resembles thick custard, add the cream cheese mixture and combine well.
- Pour 1/7 of the mixture into the tin and spread evenly. Top with a pancake.
- Repeat using 1/7 of the mix each time, layering with a pancake and finishing with a layer of the cream cheese mix.
- Decorate the top with the saved orange segments and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.